Covering Emergency Expenses

Imagine that you spent months planning a cross-country trip in your motor home with your family. Not only had you spent countless hours determining which route you would take, which places you would stop, and which sites everyone wanted to see, but also constructing a budget to cover fuel, food, recreation and camp site fees. When your carefully laid plans finally transform into reality, nothing can replace the feeling of a well-planned road trip. Then out of nowhere, your vision quickly fades as you find yourself and your family stranded in a motor home that requires serious mechanical attention. Well, if your motor home becomes immobilized or inadequate for residence, a motor home specific policy will provide compensation for further expenses incurred. These emergency expenses are what can truly distress a motor home owner's budget as they intended to rely on their RV to provide the basic necessities, such as shelter, transportation and a place to prepare meals.

Coverage officially begins when an accident occurs when you are at least fifty miles away from home. Unless you're what the insurance industry describes as a full-timer (one who is on the road enough to qualify for a special policy that includes certain personal injury and medical coverage), this type of coverage reimburses you for expenses incurred following an automotive mishap, crash or other loss covered within the policy. Expenses covered can include things such as hotel accommodations, food from restaurants and alternate transportation forms, such as rental cars and even airfare when your RV is unusable.

All coverage information and explanations outlined are general and are not representative of all conditions and exclusions. All insurance coverage is dependent on the terms & conditions of the issued policies.